- What is an example of contradict?
- What is a sentence for contradict?
- How do you contradict someone?
- What does it mean for someone to be contradict?
- What does it mean when someone contradicts you?
- What is contradict statement?
- What is the similar meaning of contradict?
- What does it mean to contradict an argument?
- What is the correct meaning of contradict?
- What are 3 synonyms for the word contradiction?
What is an example of contradict?
The definition of contradict is to say or write the opposite of something. An example of contradict is for a teenager to say he was at the library last night at 8 p.m for four hours., but then to later mention that the movie he saw last night was great.
What is a sentence for contradict?
He contradicted the charges of his critics. My sister doesn't like being contradicted. The mayor's actions in office contradicted the promises he made during the campaign. These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'contradict.
How do you contradict someone?
Meaning of contradict in English.
What Does Contradict Mean? English Word Definition
What does it mean for someone to be contradict?
What does it mean when someone contradicts you?
If you contradict someone, you tell them that what they have just said is wrong, or suggest that it is wrong by saying something different.
What is contradict statement?
contradictory Add to list Share. A contradictory statement is one that says two things that cannot both be true. An example: My sister is jealous of me because I'm an only child. Contradictory is related to the verb contradict, which means to say or do the opposite, and contrary, which means to take an opposite view.
Contradict | Meaning Of Contradict
What is the similar meaning of contradict?
belie, contravene, counter, deny, differ, disprove, negate, repudiate, buck, challenge, confront, controvert, counteract, cross, dare, disclaim, dispute, gainsay, impugn, negative.
What does it mean to contradict an argument?
A counterargument involves acknowledging standpoints that go against your argument and then re-affirming your argument. This is typically done by stating the opposing side's argument, and then ultimately presenting your argument as the most logical solution.
Contradiction | Definition Of Contradiction
What is the correct meaning of contradict?
to assert the contrary of.
What are 3 synonyms for the word contradiction?
- conflict. - difference. - disagreement. - discrepancy. - dispute. - inconsistency. - confutation. - contravention.