Osteoarthritis (OA) , the most common type of arthritis, results from gradual wear and tear on the cartilage-cushioning joints. Anything that increases wear and tear on the joints, such as high-impact sports or having excess weight, may increase a person’s risk for OA. This applies to both older and young adults.
- What are 5 symptoms of arthritis?
- What are the 3 initial symptoms of arthritis?
- How do you tell if you have early signs of arthritis?
- Where does arthritis most commonly start?
- What are five causes of arthritis?
- What are the early warning signs of arthritis?
- Where is the first place you get arthritis?
- What does arthritis feel like in the beginning?
- Why do I have arthritis in my 20s?
- Where does arthritis usually start?
What are 5 symptoms of arthritis?
- Pain. - Stiffness. - Swelling. - Redness. - Decreased range of motion.
What are the 3 initial symptoms of arthritis?
Depending on the type of arthritis, signs and symptoms may include: Pain. Stiffness. Swelling.
How do you tell if you have early signs of arthritis?
- Pain, swelling and stiffness in one or multiple joints. - Morning stiffness in and around the affected joints lasting at least one hour. - Pain and stiffness that worsens with inactivity and improves with physical activity. - Reduced range of motion. - Sometimes fever, weight loss, fatigue and/or anemia.
Orthopedics: Arthritis In Young Adults
Where does arthritis most commonly start?
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis, affecting millions of people worldwide. It occurs when the protective cartilage that cushions the ends of the bones wears down over time. Although osteoarthritis can damage any joint, the disorder most commonly affects joints in your hands, knees, hips and spine.
What are five causes of arthritis?
- Family history. Some types of arthritis run in families, so you may be more likely to develop arthritis if your parents or siblings have the disorder. - Age. ... - Your sex. ... - Previous joint injury. ... - Obesity.
What are the early warning signs of arthritis?
- Pain in a joint. ... - Joint swelling and tenderness. ... - Joint stiffness, especially in the morning. ... - Grating sound or sensation. ... - Pain in a joint that was previously injured. ... - Groin pain. ... - Symmetrical joint pain.
Diagnosed With Arthritis As A Teenager: Francesca’S Emotional Journey
Where is the first place you get arthritis?
Usually, the small joints of the fingers and toes are affected first. The most common symptom is stiffness, and it takes a long time to get the joints moving, especially in the morning.
What does arthritis feel like in the beginning?
In general, the first sign of arthritis is pain, also called arthralgia. This can feel like a dull ache or a burning sensation. Often, pain starts after you've used the joint a lot, for example, if you've been gardening or if you just walked up a flight of stairs. Some people feel soreness first thing in the morning.
Young People Get Arthritis Too!
Why do I have arthritis in my 20s?
The causes of osteoarthritis generally differ between someone who is young and an older person with the condition. Causes of osteoarthritis in the young include: Being overweight or obese, which puts extra pressure on the weight-bearing joints. Leading a sedentary lifestyle.
Where does arthritis usually start?
Arthritis is caused by inflammation of the joints. Osteoarthritis usually comes with age and most often affects the fingers, knees, and hips. Sometimes osteoarthritis follows a joint injury. For example, you might have badly injured your knee when young and develop arthritis in your knee joint years later.